San Sebastian College-Recoletos, as an institution of learning, provides quality Catholic Christian education that ensures the promotion of culture, the welfare of society and the total development of man geared towards the attainment of eternal salvation.
As an Augustinian Recollect Institution, our philosophy of education is based on the Augustinian belief that the person should first be developed integrally. Our goal is to make knowledge as structure of wisdom, and that this search for knowledge (SCIENTIA) should lead us to the exercise of love (CARITAS).
We want San Sebastian College-Recoletos Manila to be a leading dynamic Catholic Christian educational institution whose graduates are intellectually and globally competitive individuals imbued with Augustinian Recollect values.
We commit to provide quality Catholic Christian education for the holistic formation of every person to become socially responsible, morally upright, academically and technologically competent leaders and professionals ready to meet the needs and demands of the local and global communities.
Guided by its Life Purpose, Vision and Mission, San Sebastian College – Recoletos commits itself:
- To form the members of the Schools community into total human persons for the realization of the mission of the Catholic Church in the light of the Augustinian Recollect ideals;
- To mould the spiritual and moral values of the student making them mature and responsible catholic Christians enlightened and permeated by faith;
- To prepare academically and technologically competent graduates equipped with knowledge and skills that empower them to face the challenges of the time;
- To nurture the leadership qualities and professionalism of students to make them ready for the demands of the local and global communities;
- To enhance the research climate within the School through intensive development programs and projects;
- To develop the individual’s social awareness and community service;
- To strengthen the school community’s commitment to national progress by preserving and living the Filipino cultural heritage and values.
the selfless giving, care, forgiveness, and compassion one has for others
the love, admiration, and dedication to Mother Mary
the desire to live a virtuous life worthy of emulation
the willingness, availability, and readiness to share generously one’s time, resources, and expertise
to the institution and to the community
passion for excellence
the zeal to do the best in everything that one does
working together harmoniously with an open mind
and acceptance of the uniqueness of the individual members
justice and peace
the willingness to give what is due to others;
upholding what is fair, just and lawful, for unity and harmony