Electronic Data Processing Department (EDP) is an office that uses automated methods to process commercial data. It is responsible for the control and innovation of the existing systems used in the basic school operations such as enrollment and distribution of student grade report. It is also responsible for data control and the addition of new data in the school.
The said systems are being housed and maintained at the EDP Department that are directly connected and being used by the personnel of the Accounting Department (Accounting System), Registrar’s Office (Integrated Student Information System), Academic Deans and the OAR Religious Administrators.
- To provide an easy, accessible, affordable Information and Communication Technologies to the Institution.
- To promote a greater awareness on Information and Communication Technologies to all levels of the Institution.
- To simply develop and retain a knowledgeable workforce in ICT.
- To develop ICT infrastructure as to promote universal access.
- To establish and implement ICT policies.
- To recognize the importance of ICT in the continuous development of the Institution as a whole.
A. Student Information System
The system administrator regularly maintains and properly operates the entire Student Information System and Accounting System. Carries out the needed adjustments on the existing system and to improve its functionality and develop procedures that are tailor fit for the school’s needs.
Courses / Curriculum / Subjects maintenance Student information maintenance Employee / Faculty information maintenance School fees / Laboratory fees maintenance
Subjects offered / Room assignment Block-sectioning Faculty loading assignment Enrollment count reports
Encoding of student’s subjects enrolled ID Capturing
Post Enrollment Processing
Adding and Changing of subjects Official withdrawal of students Class Roster generation Attendance Sheet generation
Student Grades processing
Official grade sheet generation Encoding of grades
B. Database Server
The EDP department is responsible for all the back-end database servers as well as the fine-tuning of the respective databases:
- Monitoring the physical resources of the server
- Configure and test client connections
- Server maintenance and troubleshooting
- Backup and recovery keeping up-to-date copies of all databases
- Online backup to SSC-R Manila and vice-versa
- Ensure the database integrity and security
C. Hardware / Software Operations
The EDP department provides hardware/software support for the computers for Accounting office and Registrar’s office. Fix and reconfigure the said computers whenever the need arises.
D. Layout and Design Operations
The EDP department layouts design of the ID, poster, brochure, streamers, tarpaulins and diploma.