Electronic Data Processing DepartmentOpening Minds, Forming Hearts
Mr. Gil B. Sabanpan
Mr. Lord Allan Montaño
Senior Technology Officer
Ms. Shema Bosiños
Tel. no. 734-8931 local 212 Office Hours : Weekdays – 8:00am to 5:00pm Saturdays – 8:00am to 12:00pm
Electronic Data Processing Department (EDP) is an office that uses automated methods to process commercial data. It is responsible for the control and innovation of the existing systems used in the basic school operations such as enrollment and distribution of student grade report. It is also responsible for data control and the addition of new data in the school.
The said systems are being housed and maintained at the EDP Department that are directly connected and being used by the personnel of the Accounting Department (Accounting System), Registrar’s Office (Integrated Student Information System), Academic Deans and the OAR Religious Administrators.
The EDP (Electronic Data Processing) Department supports access and success of SSCR-Manila. Through our projects and daily activities, EDP provides resources and services to support the educational, research, and public service missions of the institution. These resources and services are available to all students and employees of SSC-R. ICT develops and implements policies and procedures necessary to ensure effective, secure, and appropriate use of the Institution’s information resources and services.
We continually aim to improve the institutional services as well as the internal and external information flows through the use of information technology. We do so in two ways: by developing and providing the necessary technology and by operating a Professional Services Department that can implement the necessary technology and architecture correctly and efficiently.
- To provide an easy, accessible, affordable Information and Communication Technologies to the Institution.
- To promote a greater awareness on Information and Communication Technologies to all levels of the Institution.
- To simply develop and retain a knowledgeable workforce in ICT.
- To develop ICT infrastructure as to promote universal access.
- To establish and implement ICT policies.
- To recognize the importance of ICT in the continuous development of the Institution as a whole.
A. Student Information System
The system administrator regularly maintains and properly operates the entire Student Information System and Accounting System. Carries out the needed adjustments on the existing system and to improve its functionality and develop procedures that are tailor fit for the school’s needs.
1. Masterfile Maintenance
Courses / Curriculum / Subjects maintenance Student information maintenance Employee / Faculty information maintenance School fees / Laboratory fees maintenance
2. Pre-Enrollment Processing
Subjects offered / Room assignment Block-sectioning Faculty loading assignment Enrollment count reports
3. Enrollment Processing
Encoding of student’s subjects enrolled ID Capturing
4. Post Enrollment Processing
Adding and Changing of subjects Official withdrawal of students Class Roster generation Attendance Sheet generation
5. Student Grades processing
Official grade sheet generation Encoding of grades
B. Database Server
The EDP department is responsible for all the back-end database servers as well as the fine-tuning of the respective databases:
- Monitoring the physical resources of the server
- Configure and test client connections
- Server maintenance and troubleshooting
- Backup and recovery keeping up-to-date copies of all databases
- Online backup to SSC-R Manila and vice-versa
- Ensure the database integrity and security
C. Hardware / Software Operations
The EDP department provides hardware/software support for the computers for Accounting office and Registrar’s office. Fix and reconfigure the said computers whenever the need arises.
D. Layout and Design Operations
The EDP department layouts design of the ID, poster, brochure, streamers, tarpaulins and diploma.