PAASCU and Autodesk, Inc. Partnership
Published Nov 18, 2014 05:48 AM
The PAASCU Commission on Engineering, Computer Science and Technology Education (CECSTE) hosted a two-day workshop last August 14-15, 2014 at Hotel Benilde Maison de La Salle, Arellano Avenue corner Estrada St., Malate, Manila. The two-day workshop covered the following:
- The Launching of the Autodesk Project, a new initiative involving a partnership between Autodesk and PAASCU. Autodesk is a world leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software.
- A workshop on “Aligning PAASCU Institutions to 21st Century Skills Using Learning Outcomes and Competencies” conducted by members of the CECSTE. The workshop aims to guide institutions on how to adapt their existing curriculum and syllabi to learning outcomes and competencies.
Ms. Princess Arleen S. Zamora, Area Chairperson of Information Technology under the College of Accountancy, Business Administration and Computer Studies (CABACS), attended the event.
The Memorandum of Understanding between PAASCU and Autodesk was signed last September 23, 2014 and a training workshop was conducted for those who were responsible for the installation and activation of the software. The event was held at the Hotel Benilde Maison de La Salle, Malate, Manila.
The four-year partnership will offer access to the Autodesk education software to PAASCU member and candidate institutions. The following will be made available at no cost to the school:
- Latest version and two versions back (2014, 2010);
- 4-year term license, counting from activation date;
- 125 seats per serial per program;
- Network deployment;
- By default, one user can retrieve 1 serial for each product version in ARC; and
- Additional serials can be granted, if needed.