The Library System of San Sebastian College Recoletos – Manila is composed of 4 libraries and 3 Instructional Media Centers which can be found in the four halls of the college. All these facilities are designed to cater to the recreational, instructional, academic, and research needs of the whole San Sebastian Community.
Even during the pandemic, the department has strived to maintain its relevance and continue supporting San Sebastian College- Recoletos Manila’s thrust to attain academic excellence through quality Catholic education by the end of 2021 by designing ways to still make its services available to the library clients, both onsite and offsite.
Mission, Vision and Objectives
To support instruction, research and service goals of San Sebastian College Recoletos-Manila by sustaining academic excellence and working collaboratively, creatively and efficiently with the different departments or areas in the institution.
Strong leadership through innovative and continued full support from the top school administrators.
Objectives Of The Grade School Department
- Build and preserve the collections according to the school’s rational collection policy.
- Organize the collection for effective use. Practice zero backlog processing of library materials (books, professional journals and non-print collections.
- Foster a productive and mutual work environment in which staff achieve very satisfactorily the assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Promote library resources for maximum utilization to attain school mission.
- Aim for a level up library service and continuously acquire latest or new copyright of books for new knowledge dissemination to students and faculty.
Local and Physical Facilities
The Library System is consisted of 4 library units as follows:
- Main Library located at St. Sebastian Building. It houses the College Library, Institute of Graduate Studies (IGS) Library, and a dedicated Senior High School Section. It has a floor area of 463.25 sqm with a seating capacity of 350.
- Grade School Library located at 4th Floor, St. Monica Building.
- Junior High School Library located at 1st Floor, St. Ezekiel Moreno Building.
- Law Library located at 2nd Floor, St. Augustine Law Building.
All the libraries, except the Law Library and the IGS Library, have their dedicated Instructional Media Center (IMC) Sections to support the audio-visual materials need of the community. The Main Library also houses the Special Filipiniana Collection and the College Archives.
Organization of Materials
The Main Library and all the unit libraries adopt open access system for all print and non-print collections. The books are catalogued and classified following the Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules 2 (AACR2) and the Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) System.
The library provides the following services exclusively to the members of San Sebastian College – Recoletos Manila community:
- Reference Services to users and assistance on the use of OPAC, Internet and other available database, as well as the use of books and reserve collections, and the issuance of passes for room-use materials to be photocopied;
- Referral letters to faculty members and students who would like to use other school libraries;
- Library Orientation for students and faculty members, bibliographic services, readers’ guidance, and library tours;
- Multimedia services using computers, multimedia projectors, PCTVs with or without cameras, photo and video coverage, sound system operation.
- Online services including answering online reference questions, access to online subscriptions, document scanning, book loans through express deliveries, etc.
To avail of our online services, please fill out request form at ONLINEREQUEST or you may message us at our official FB Account: https://www.facebook.com/stvlibrary.
You may also access our online journal, articles, and ebooks at our EBSCO subscription. Just email us at email@example.com or message our official FB Account for the log-in credentials.
- A quiet atmosphere conducive to serious study and learning must be maintained at all times. Unnecessary noise, loud conversation and discussion, smoking, drinking, and sleeping within the Library premises are discourage/prohibited.
- Art and design projects involving drawing, painting, pasting, and cutting should not be done in the Library premises. Likewise, the use of molding clay, scissors, clipping tools, water color kits and the like are discourage inside the library.
- Cellphone must be kept on silent mode, and their active use within the library premises is discouraged.
- Wearing hats, visors, caps, and the like is discouraged for safety reasons.
- Faculty members and administrators: maximum 6 books at a time for 1 month with extension allowed if no other user has reserved/requested the books.
- Students and other personnel: maximum of 3 books at a time for 1 week, subject to renewal
- Alumni may use the library facilities and resources but not allowed to take out/ borrow library materials for home use.
Fines and Penalties
- Overdue book – 2.00 per day
- AV Equipment – 5.00 per hour
- Lost books should be replaced with any of the following ( according to priority):
- Same Title, Same Edition, Same Author (s)
- Same Title, Same Author(s), latest edition
- Another material of the same subject of any title or author published within the last two years.
- Damaged books is considered lost books.
Monday to Friday, 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
(Limited onsite services currently)
You may reach us through any of the following:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. No.: 734-8931 local 108