Broadcasting as a field of study has traditionally covered the transmission of messages to the public through the media of radio and television. Today the field has expanded to include non-traditional internet-based multi-platform media. Its study includes contemporary practices in broadcasting, theories, and discourses which shape the generation of knowledge about broadcasting.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, a Sebastinian graduate of BA Broadcasting should be able to:
- Engage in lifelong learning and understanding of the need to keep abreast of the developments in the specific field of practice;
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing using both English and Filipino;
- Work efficiently and self-reliantly in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams;
- Distinguish professional, social, and ethical responsibility;
- Appreciate Filipino historical and cultural heritage;
- Elucidate and relate social science concepts and theories to the study of social issues;
- Plan and execute social research using appropriate approaches and methods;
- Gain competency in at least six (6) of the following: scriptwriting, directing, producing, performing, news reporting, production designing, post production, web content creation and development, graphic designing, videography/cinematography, musical scoring;
- Prepare communication/media plan;
- Conduct media research: audience research, textual analysis, political and economic analysis of media;
- Apply basic media management and leadership skills;
- Abide by the laws pertinent to broadcasting and other media;
- Relate media theories/models, principles, practices, and tools in broadcasting media.