Your personal data and privacy is important to us. As such, we at San Sebastian College-Recoletos, Manila
(SSC-R), would like to inform you how we handle and protect the personal information you provided including the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. By submitting your personal information to us, you expressly consent to the collection, use and
Who processes your information?
Why do we collect and use your information?
In accordance with the law, SSC-R Manila may collect and use the personal data and information to:
- Provide and communicate with you about our services;
- Support students’ learning and monitor and report students’ progress;
- Provide appropriate pastoral, spiritual and psychological care;
- Assess the quality of our services;
- Comply with the law regarding data sharing;
- Safeguard students;
- Fulfill your requests regarding the school’s programs and services;
- Respond to your inquiries;
- Communicate with you about the school’s events, programs and services that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Update the information maintained in the databases of SSC-R Manila for its Alumni network; and
- Establish, exercise and defend legal claims.
Which data is collected?
The categories of education information that the School collects, holds, and shares include the following:
- Personal information (e.g. names, student numbers and addresses);
- Student admission and enrolment;
- Faculty/staff applications;
- Characteristics (e.g. ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth, and free school meal eligibility);
- Attendance information (e.g. number of absences and absence reasons);
- Assessment information (e.g. national curriculum assessment results);
- Relevant medical information; and
- Any other personal information applicable.
How long will your data be stored for?
Will my information be shared?
he school is required to share faculty, staff and students’ data with the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), Department of Education (DepEd) and other government and private agencies on a statutory basis.
SSC-R Manila will not share your personal information with any third parties without your consent, unless the law allows us to do so.
What are your rights?
Data subjects have the following rights in relation to the processing of their personal data. You have the right to:
- Right to be informed;
- Right to access;
- Right to object;
- Right to erasure or blocking;
- Right to damages;
- Right to file a complaint;
- Right to rectify;
- Right to data portability;
Changes to this Policy
If you have a concern about the way SSC-R Manila is collecting or using your personal data, you may raise a concern with the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Data Protection Office (DPO) can be contacted at (02) 734-8931 to 39 local 178 ; 09175704705 on Mondays to Fridays, 8am-5pm.